Lessons, ideas, organization, and thoughts on teaching high school English!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Funny teaching moment

Just thought that I would share my funny teaching moment of the day!

We are currently studying Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech. We just started it today. As an introductory lesson, I had my students read the speech aloud. They read, and I called on random students. Everything went pretty smooth and everyone actually read when I asked them to (*gasp*) and we were on our last reader. K got to the part where MLK said "[...]when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics[...]" and instead of saying gentiles... K said genitals! He totally didnt mean it, was caught off guard, and looked at me all bewildered like "Why is THIS in here?"

I thought it was rather hilarious and so did the rest of the class when they actually caught up to what happened. Oh what fun it is to be a teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment